Collin County Court FAQ’s

If you have been arrested and charged with a criminal offense in Collin County, Texas, you may have a variety of questions about your case, fees, and court dates. It is vital to educate yourself on these things because if you miss a court date or forget to pay a fee, you may find yourself facing further consequences and even more penalties. One of the worst things that could happen to you during the legal process is making a simple mistake that will cause you to pay dearly.

Common government information for Collin County may be found by visiting the county’s government website. Once there, you can get information about county office locations, county government access, county projects, and human resources. The website has also posted a FAQ section and has provided answers to the most commonly asked questions related to the county court.

  1. Q: How do I find out court date, case information, case disposition or what judge is presiding over my case? A: Information can be obtained online at the Case Lookup section of the website. Here, you are able to search and view information for your cases.
  2. Q: How do I get a cash bond back? For this, you must contact 972-548-6442 or 6424 Metro 972-424-1460 ext. 1 + 6442 or 1 + 6424. In order to receive a cash bond back, you must obtain a cash bond release form signed by the Deputy Clerk at the County Court at Law Office. To pick up a check, you must remember to bring the cash bond release form signed by the Deputy Clerk and a photo ID to the County Clerk’s office.
  3. Q: What is a File Opening Document (FOD)? A: This is created for administrative purposes and is implemented when an individual is booked into Collin County Justice Center on a misdemeanor charge.
  4. Q: Who do I contact for Hot Check information? A: In this case, you must contact the District Attorney’s office at 972-548-3602.
  5. Q: I need to reschedule my court date, how do I do that? A: You must appear in person with the Criminal Court Clerk for his/her assigned court.
  6. Q: Do I need an attorney? A: The law does not require you to have an attorney present at your court date. A court appointed attorney may be possible in some situations.
  7. Q: How do I apply for a court appointment attorney? A: After attending your first court appearance, you may contact the bailiff for the appropriate forms.
  8. Q: How do I find out fines and other court costs? A: To find out the current balance of your fines and court costs, or to make payments, contact the County Court at Law Clerks at 972-548-6420.
  9. Q: I have questions about my driver’s license suspension. A: You may call the Texas Department of Public Safety, Driver Improvement Department at 512-424-5720.

While these nine FAQ’s help to provide you with some basic information regarding your criminal matters, it is generally in an individual’s best interest to consult with a seasoned and experienced attorney. The Wilder Firm works in both Dallas and Collin counties and is available to assist you with your legal matters.